Livestream ZoomGeneral class
Livestream ZoomIntermediate class
Livestream ZoomGentle yoga class
Livestream ZoomRestorative and Pranayama
Benenden Village Hall, Benenden, Kent, TN17 4DEView MapGeneral class
Please contact me on 07766 222316 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom log-in details.
Some things you might like to know:
- Yoga is for everyone. Contrary to belief, you really don’t need to be flexible, fit or young. There will most likely be a class (gentle, general, intermediate, Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs) that suits your needs. Please ask if in doubt.
- You are invited to sample the first class for free. This way you can try out the class with no obligation and see if it’s for you or not.
- General classes are all-inclusive, suitable for those fairly new to yoga and experienced practitioners alike. Options and variations are given for poses, with modifications and props, so everyone is within their own limit, making poses accessible. (And classes are relaxed and completely non-competitive so you need never worry about what anyone else in the room is doing.)
- Intermediate classes are for more experienced practitioners. Poses are more challenging and can include inversions, backbends and sun salutations with variations.
- Beginners’ or gentle yoga classes are for newcomers, or those coming back after a break and in need of a refresher course, or anyone wanting a gentle practice. We look at the fundamentals of posture, poses and breath.
- If a beginners’ class isn’t currently running or you’re lacking confidence, one option is to book a block of private one-to-ones to familiarize yourself with some elementary yoga before you go into a general class. Alternatively, the Yoga for Healthy Lower Backs course is another option; it offers an excellent introduction to gentle yoga (and you don’t need a bad back to attend it).
- If you sign up for a particular weekly class at the start of term (cheaper than a drop-in rate) but are unable to make that class sometimes, you are welcome to come to any of the other classes held on other days at any time during that term to make up the missed class.
- If group classes don’t work time-wise for you, I also teach private sessions (either one-to-ones or small groups of up to four) from your own home at a time convenient to you.
- If you suffer from back pain, you may be interested in doing the specialized Yoga for Healthy Lower Back course (www.yogaforbacks.co.uk). Please ask for more information; I can also let you know when the next course is starting.
- Some of the weekly classes run in accordance with state school term times. A number continue over holidays but in a reduced capacity and often with a different time – so please ask if a class is on if in doubt.